Tuesday, February 8

Try again. Fail again. Fail better. ~Cornel West

Source
Age 8: Karate competition. Didn’t attend simply because I had to compete. Age 14: Started boxing. Never finished once I realized I would soon have to spar with someone that just might be better than me. Age 17: Choosing colleges. Stayed in Michigan simply because life would be easier. Age 22: Mahogany Clash. Dismissed the idea because I didn’t have enough faith in myself. I’m sure you see the trend going on with me. I was once scared to commit because I was afraid of failure. 

I’ll be the 1st to admit that I needed a full proof plan to do anything that required effort. Imagine what type of life I was living. One that was stationary, boring and simply wasn’t living. Thank God for growth and progression! Failure can be a beautiful thing. Character, integrity and a humble individual is not built out of perfection. You learn wonderful things when we see flaws in ourselves, business plans and relationships. The key to failure is not letting it overcome who we are destined to be. I’ve learned that the devil has one agenda: to rob, steal, kill and destroy what God has already set out for us to conquer! But once we realize the victory is already won, it gives us just enough to pull ourselves up once we fall. Take the opportunity and bask in your failures. See how far you've come and most importantly realize where you need to be. There should be no rush to accomplish our goals simply to say “I did it!”. We should be more concerned about the quality of work that it takes to accomplish our dreams. Just because we fall on a couple of occasions, or many more in my case, does not mean that we are defeated. We have to realize that WE are the only thing holding ourselves back from moving forward. We can rejoice in our failures because it brings us that much closer to success. Failure shows us that we are not content with the status quo. That failure is necessary to grow, mature and become a better individual. So kick, scream and pout about your failures, but don’t let it all be in vain because you’ve decided not to pull yourself up once you have fallen!
               ~Stay Blessed, Start Loving and Keeping Pushing! Deuces 

No comments:

Post a Comment